One of the most popular schemes offered by the government of West Bengal is the SVMCM Scholarship also known as Bikash Bhavan Scholarship. Anybody who is currently pursuing a degree either in secondary, senior secondary, or a UG, PG, M. Phil, Ph. D, diploma, or medical courses can apply for this scholarship.
The amount of the scholarship is usually provided to students on the basis of the course they are going through. According to the scheme, students usually receive from 1000 to 8000 rupees per month in their bank account.
In today’s article, we’ll take a closer look at the Swami Vivekananda or Bikash Bhavan Scholarship. We will also discuss with you in detail who could receive this scholarship and how much percentage of marks are needed to apply for this scholarship. We will also discuss in detail step by step, how to apply for this scholarship online.
- 1 What is Swami Vivekananda Scholarship?
- 2 Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2022-23 Latest Update
- 3 What is the main purpose of SVMCM Scholarship?
- 4 Eligibility Criteria For SVMCM Scholarship 2022
- 5 Amount List Of Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
- 6 How to apply For SVMCM Scholarship In 2022?
- 7 SVMCM Scholarship Renewal Process 2022
Overview Of Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2022
|Name Of The scholarship||Swami Vivekananda Merit Cum Means Scholarship[SVMCM]|
|Issued Authority||Government Of West Bengal|
|Beneficiary||Students Of West Bengal|
|Portal Name||SVMCM (v4.0)|
|Svmcm Scholarship Helpline number||800-102-8014|
What is Swami Vivekananda Scholarship?
There are many dedicated and deserving students in our state who aim for higher studies, but due to lack of financial support , most of these students have to drop out from their institutions and take the burden to their family . All of these students are deprived from education just due to lack of some money. So, with the help of this SVMCM scholarships, all these financially weak and deserving students could receive financial support so that they are not deprived from their education.
Students studying in secondary, higher secondary, and graduate receives a minimum of 1000 rupees per month and a maximum of 5000 rupees per month through this scholarship. The scholarship was introduced by the Department of Higher Education, Government of West Bengal. Those who have qualified secondary and higher secondary education with grades of 60% can apply for this scholarship.
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship 2022-23 Latest Update
Those who have applied for the SVMCM scholarship during the 2020-21 session, they must have received the money in their bank accounts a few months ago, and many of you also might have filled in the renewal form, the last date of which was June 27.
Those who have renewed will certainly receive the scholarship money. But what about those who couldn’t renew their scholarship form? An important update regarding to the SVMCM scholarship was recently released. Those who have not been able to renew will now have the option to resubmit the renewal form.
The last date to renew the SVMCM scholarship was June 27, but the renewal date was extended in this updated notice. The notice clearly clarifies that those who have missed the date for renewal and are eagerly waiting to apply for the scholarships in the 2020-21, 2021-22 session, the date has been extended to July 7.
What is the main purpose of SVMCM Scholarship?
The main purpose of introducing the SVMCM scholarship is to provide financial support to poor and deserving students in the state of West Bengal. And this scholarship has proved to be a very aggressive and successful initiatives from the government of West Bengal. The state government provides financial assistance to students in West Bengal who are unable to pay their education fees for pursuing higher education.
Eligibility Criteria For SVMCM Scholarship 2022
The SVMCM scholarship was originally introduced for economically weak students. All such students can enjoy the benefits of this scholarship from grade 10 to post-graduation. But there are also some important eligibility criteria that are,
- Only those whose household income is less than 2.5 lakh rupees per annum can apply for this scholarship. Those whose household incomes are higher than this income cannot apply for this scholarship.
- Students in grades 10, 12, undergraduate, post-graduate, engineering, medical and technical are eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Only students of West Bengal can apply for this Swami Vivekananda scholarship. If you study outside West Bengal, you are not eligible for this scholarship.
- To apply for the scholarship, you must have at least 60% marks.
Amount List Of Swami Vivekananda Scholarship
We have described in the table below how much money a student will get. Let us make it clear that the students applying for this scholarship will get a minimum of Rs.1000 per month and a maximum of Rs.8000 per month. This means that each student can get 12000 to 960000 rupees per year.
|Current Courses||Amounts Per. Month|
|HS, UG (Arts, Commerce)||1000 RS|
|UG (Professional Courses)||1500 RS|
|UG (Science)||1500 RS|
|PG (Arts, Commerce)||2000 RS|
|PG (Professional Courses)||2500 RS|
|NON NET M.PHIL/ PhD,NET LS PhD||5000 & 8000 RS|
|UG Engineering, PG Engineering||5000 RS|
|Professional Courses (AICTE)||5000 RS|
|UG (Medical), DIPLOMA||5000 & 1500 RS|
Swami Vivekananda Scholarship Important Documents
Some of the necessary documents required for applying for the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship online are:
- Passport size photograph.
- Marksheet of Matriculation examination.
- Marksheet of Last Board / University / College Examination.
- Admission Receipt (Full Amount Details at the time of admission).
- Family Income Certificate.
- Address Proof Certificate, Aadhaar Card, Voter Card, Residential Certificate.
- Beneficiary bank account number.
These are the important documents you would need when you are going to apply for the SVMCM scholarship.
How to apply For SVMCM Scholarship In 2022?
If you want to apply or renew the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship, you must go it’s official website. Whatever you would need to do before applying for the SVMCM scholarship are,
- First of all, you have to visit the official website, if you want to apply for a new scholarship then you have to click on registration.
- Then when the registration page opens, click on “I agree” and then click on “Proceed to Registration”.
- Then you have to select the registration category. You will select the category according to your course here.
- Then you have to select the Last Eligible Qualifying Board / University. Here you will submit the course name, board name, year of pass out, and class ten qualification details.
- Then you have to fill out the form with current course details.
- In this step, candidates have to create their full name, mobile number, e-mail id, and new password and click on the registration button.
Then you have to enter your OTP which will be received in the registered mobile number and then click on verify after all these your registration processes will be completed.
SVMCM Scholarship Renewal Process 2022
Once the registration is complete you will get the application ID. You need to login by entering the application ID and password.
As soon as the registration is successful, you will see all your data in the SVMMC portal. Now you need to upload your documents and upload other details.
- To do this, you need to click on Edit Profile and then upload your photo and signature, after it click on save and continue.
- The next step is to fill in the form with details such as your father’s name, your mother’s name, and your current address.
- Once all of this is done, you must provide one of your bank details. Your scholarship amount will be transferred to this bank account.
- After providing the bank details, you must upload the secondary mark sheet, admission slip, bank account front page, and income certificate, and click Save and Continue.
- And finally, the application must be finalized and a PDF file of the application has to be saved.
This is how you can complete the online form for the Swami Vivekananda Scholarship. If you have any problems regarding filling out your form, don’t hesitate to comment and we’ll help you.
FAQ About SVMCM Scholarship
What is the last date of Swami Vivekananda scholarship 2022?
The last date for the renewal of the SVMCM scholarship was June 27, but the date has been extended to July 7. Those who couldn’t renew the application can do so this time.
How much money will I get from Swami Vivekananda scholarship?
Students applying for this scholarship will receive a minimum of 1000 rupees per month up to a maximum of 8000 rupees per month. The amount of money depends on the course you are studying.
Can I apply two scholarships?
No, you are not eligible, you can only use one scholarship per session.
Can I get Vivekananda scholarship?
Those who study under the West Bengal Board and obtained at least 60% marks on the last exam can apply for this Swami Vivekananda scholarship.