Oasis Scholarship 2022-The Oasis Scholarship is one of such programs introduced by the government of West Bengal. The SC, ST, OBC Pre-Matric and post-matric scholarships for students have been updated for sessions 2022-23. An online application registration has been started.
There have been several changes to the online application process. We can apply from Oasis gov. in, the official portal of the Government of West Bengal. In today’s article, we will discuss in detail the new changes that have been made and who can apply for the Oasis Scholarship, and how to check the status.
- 1 New Update For Oasis Scholarship
- 2 Overview Oasis Scholarship Scheme
- 3 Eligibility Criteria for Oasis Scholarships
- 4 Oasis Scholarship Amount List
- 5 How to Apply for an Oasis Scholarship
New Update For Oasis Scholarship
The Oasis Scholarship notice for sessions 2022-23 was issued a few months ago. The application process began on 10.5.2022. All SC, ST, and OBC students who have been promoted into the new class can apply for this scholarship. Those who are studying in grades 9 and 10, and Post-Matric students belonging to ST and OBC category can apply online for the Oasis scholarship through the same process as they have done it previously.
However, some changes have been made when applying Oasis scholarships for SC students. All SC students who wish to apply for this scholarship must first apply for the National Scholarship. The SC students cannot register directly on the Oasis portal.
Overview Oasis Scholarship Scheme
|Scholarship Name||Oasis Scholarships|
|Issued by||Govt. Of West Bengal|
|Type Of scheme||Backward class and tribal development|
Eligibility Criteria for Oasis Scholarships
Online Application for Scholarship in Studies(OASIS) for the academic session 2022-23 was initiated by the government of West Bengal. There are currently some changes in the new application. We will show you step-by-step how to apply for this scholarship. Before that, we will discuss some criteria for applying for the Oasis scholarship.
- Students studying in grades 9 and 10 and belonging to the SC category can apply. And your family’s annual income must be less than 2 lakhs of rupees per year.
- All ST students studying in grades 9 and 10 and whose household income is less than Rs.2 lakh per year are eligible for the Oasis scholarship.
- If you have completed Pre-Matriculation or you are in a postgraduate course. And besides if you are SC and ST and your family annual income is less than 2.5 lakh rupees, you can also apply.
- Those who have passed grades 10 and belongs to OBC category, as well as if the annual income of the family is less than 1 lakh, are eligible.
Here are the documents needed when you apply for the Oasis Scholarship.
- Caste certificate.
- Birth certificate
- Income certificate
- Proof of address
- Bank account, and
- Receipt of the admission fee.
Oasis Scholarship Amount List
|Scholarship||Amount For SC/ST/OBC Candidate||Hostellers|
|Pre-Matrix SC||150 rs/month 10 months+700|
additional per annum
|750 rs/month+ 1000 |
|Pre-Matrix ST||150 rs/month 10 month+700|
additional per annum
|750 rs/month+ 1000 |
|550 rs/month||1200 rs/month|
|530 rs/month||820 rs/month|
|Post-Matric OBC |
|350 rs/month||750 rs/month|
|335 rs/month||510 rs/month|
How to Apply for an Oasis Scholarship
- First of all, you need to go to the official website, Oasis.gov.in.
- If you want to make the registration for the first time, you must click New Registration.
- When the new window opens, you will have the option to select the district. If you study outside of West Bengal, you must choose your Permanent District.
- Then, s/he must provide the cast certificate and the date of issue. If you are a student in grades 9 and 10, s/he can continue with the caste certificate application number.
- Next, s/he must provide the identification number of the NSP application. Before applying for the Oasis scholarship, s/he must go to the NSP portal and register there.
- Then s/he need to fill in details such as father’s name, date of birth, sub-caste, etc, and move on to the next step.
- Then s/he must mention the total family income.
- In the next step, s/he need to provide the state, district, block, mobile phone number, and email ID.
- The applicant must provide their own data, such as which class s/he study or whether s/he was in the same class the previous year, etc.
- Then s/he must complete the registration by entering the password and clicking on the submit button.
Renewal for The Oasis Scholarship
Then you will get the acknowledgment slip and full details of the registration. You must log in to Oasis Portal before renewing your scholarship. After logging in, you have to submit the form in four steps.
- First of all, you need to click on the first step. And the address must be filled in, such as the district, block, post office, and zip code.
- Then you’ll have to provide more details, such as whether you stay in a hostel or not.
- Then, you need to fill in the educational details, such as the name of the institute, the date of admission, the details of the course, the grades you have got, etc.
- The next step is to provide identifying information, such as Aadhaar numbers, bank details, source of household income, etc.
After completing the form, save it, go ahead and submit the application. Then, you should download the PDF form and submit it to the nearest block or municipal office.
Oasis Scholarship Helpline Number
If you have applied for an Oasis scholarship, but did not received any money so far. You can then report your issue by contacting the Oasis Helpline number.
- +91-84 20 02 3311
How To Check status For Oasis Scholarship
Visit Official oasis portal or visit, Oasis gov in
How to track Oasis Scholarship status?
You can check the status by logging into the official Oasis portal with your user ID and password.
What is the Oasis Scholarship?
Financial support for SC, ST, and OBC students from the government of West Bengal is known as the Oasis scholarship.
Who is eligible for Oasis scholarship?
Students in the SC, ST and OBC categories in West Bengal who passed the 9th grade are eligible for this scholarship