On the 14th of June,2022 our Union Defence Minister Shri Rajnath Singh announced new armed forces recruitment scheme entitled as Agneepath scheme.
He announced this day as a – Red Letter Day for Indian Military. He also pointed that this was a historical decision taken by the cabinet committee secretary. Rajnath Singh also added that this scheme will be a Transformative Yojana to boost Indian defence and security also side-by-side to provide opportunities to Indian youth for providing services in military field for the nation.
- 1 Overview of Agneepath Scheme Recruitment 2022
- 2 What is Agneepath Scheme
- 3 Agneepath Scheme Details
- 4 Agneepath Scheme Salary Details
- 5 Agneepath Scheme Benefits
- 6 Agneepath Scheme Controversy
Overview of Agneepath Scheme Recruitment 2022
|Scheme/Yojana Name||Agneepath Recruitment scheme/yojana|
|Name of the post||Agniveer/Armed Force|
|conducted by||Government of India|
|Working duration||4 years|
|Age Limit||17.5 to 21 years|
|Mode Of Apply||Online|
|Start date of apply||soon|
What is Agneepath Scheme
A recruitment scheme for Indian youths for a period of four year only. After selection the employee will be called as Agniveer. Each year approximately 50,000 Agniveers will be appointed or recruited in the military services(in all the 3 spheres or pillar of defences viz, Indian Army, Navy and Air Forces).The following steps will illustrate the picture in detail.
Agneepath Scheme Details
- Agniveers will be selected / recruited in the 3 pillar of Indian defence.
- Recruitment will be of Non-Commissioned ranks only. That means all the agniveers will be given posts below officer ranks.
- Age limit of 17.5 to 21 years, above 21 years candidate will be uneligible to serve as agniveers.
- Once selected the Agniveers have to attain a mandatory training for up to 6 month(ie. Half year).
- Rest 3.5 year they have to serve their duty in different places at different posts. At ultimatum they will be retired from their duty with due respect and financial packages.
- But Government have mentioned clearly that only 75 percent of the Agniveers will be retained back and they will continue their services for full term as regular cadre.
- Rest 75% will be given volunteer retirement. Selection of the 25% will be based solely on merit, performances, during their service period.
- 75% of Agniveers during retirement will be provided with financial packages of 12 lakh as per seva-nidhi package.
- No pension will be allotted for any Agniveer post retirement. All salaries will be tax-exempted.
Agneepath Scheme Salary Details
During the tenure of service all Agniveers will be provided with a handsome salary. But 30% of the salary will be deducted per month which will be returned with interest at the time of retirement.
- During the first year a salary of around 30,000 will be paid to the Agniveers. Out of which 9,000 (30%) will be deducted and kept aside. Thus the in hand salary in the first year is going to be 21,000 per month.
- For second year a gross salary of 33,000 as been decided, out of which again 9.900 kept aside. Thus the in hand salary in the 2nd year is going to be 23,100 per month.
- Similarly in 3rd year a hike to 36,500 in salary will be provided to the Agniveers. after deduction of 10.950 Rs the in hand salary in the 3rd year is going to be 25,550 per month.
- Lastly, at the final year the salary will rise to 40,000 per month but after deduction an amount of 30% (12,000) the in hand salary will be approximately 28,000 per month.
Agneepath Scheme Benefits
- A transformative Yojana emphasized to strengthened the Nation’s security.
- will set up a youthful profile in Indian military.
- Agniveers when retired will be highly skilled, well trained, with high health and fitness, motivated and discipline youth.
- These scheme is going to be productive one, GDP grower, Agniveers will acts as a facilitator or stimulator of GDP.
- 75% of the retired Agniveers will also get opportunities and privileges in various state govt jobs, private and public sectors due to their potentiality and skills; thus increasing job opportunities for Indian youths.
- Certificate issued to the retired Agniveers will fetch them easy loans from banks, by which they can run their own business or start a entrepreneurship.
- Through this scheme Agniveers can also achieve higher educations beside serving the Nation.
- On martyrdom full payment for unserved service will be provided to the family members. Life insurance covering a corpus of 48 lakhs will be issued to the Agniverrs.
Agneepath Scheme Age Limit
Applicants aged 17 to 21 years can apply for this scheme.
|Soldier Technical||17-21 years|
|Soldier Nursing Assistant||“|
|Soldier Clerk / Store Keeper Technical||“|
|Soldier Trades man|
Agneepath Scheme Apply Online 2022
- All applicants visit the official website of Defense and Ministry.
- Search for the latest update or search for the Agneepath scheme apply link and visit.
- Fill in the required details, submit necessary documents and pay the fee (if applicable).
- Review the submission form again and submit the form .
- Download the PDF file of Agneepath yojana for future reference
- Wait for the official notification.
Agneepath Scheme Controversy
Many controversies from different parts of the Nation have already begun after the announcement of the scheme. political leaders, common persons, youths, retired military personnels, experts have given various statements or opinion against the scheme.
- According to Kernel (retired) U.S.Rathore by 2032 if Agniveers represents 50% of the military personnels, this will be a shocking news for Indian defense system. Because no military personnels can mastered the skills needed for defense within such a short period of time(4 years). For a fully trained, combat force, a minimum of 78 years of training and service is needed. Just mere 4 years is unsatisfactory both for the Agniveers and for the security of Nation.
- Such Agniveers will be of poorly motivated, poorly trained, lacking zeal, such short term of contractual service will not only demotivate but also lack the fighting spirits.
- many interested candidates may even not apply for the scheme due to it’s short nature of job. As after serving 4 years they will again have to hunt down for their second career to settle down.
FAQ About Agneepat scheme
What is Agneepath recruitment?
A Transformative Yojana to recruit Indian youths and to create a youthful profile in the military system.
What is Agneepath scheme salary?
multiple salary schemes have been decided. There will be a hike in the monthly salary during the consecutive years.
What is Agneepath scheme eligibility?
Indian youths within the age of 17 to 21 can apply for the post.
What is the benefits of Agneepath scheme?
Beside serving the Nation, youths will be provided with salaries, they will be well trained, skilled and, financial packages also be provided at retirement.