The error code 0x0 0x0 is not a complicated matter. We often see this error while performing important tasks on a computer or PC. Fixing the problem is not a big deal for advanced users, but for home users, it can be much more difficult to fix the problem permanently. There are a lot of simple and easy ways to fix this Windows 0x0 0x0 error which we will discuss with you, and you can try to see which one works for you.
Common Reason for 0x0 0x0 Error Code
It’s hard to say exactly why this error code arises. However, the main reason behind this error is the improper installation of softwares. Except, in many cases, this error appears on our computer due to hardware problems. Some of the reasons why this error occurs are described below.
- Often, our computer runs slowly, so we need to install a fresh operating system to make our PC work smoother. And to install the operating system, we need to create a bootable USB drive or CD drive. During creating these bootable flash drives, in some cases, some system files are missing from the startup files. As a result, the operating system will be installed, but later we will have to face this error.
- Many of us use antivirus programs on our computers and many don’t. When a virus run into our computer, that virus deletes an important file from our PC’s system or changes its extension.This error occurs because the file or folder has been deleted from the system.
- Sometimes we rush to shut down our computer or PC directly. We don’t notice that some processes are running in the background, so we see this 0x0 0x0 error when we turn on the PC Next Time.
- Every day we install or uninstall the necessary or unnecessary software from the computer. In some cases, an important file is deleted from our computer during the installation or uninstallation of softwares. That has led to this error code.
How to Fix Error 0x0 0x0 Permanently?
Fixing an error on a computer is called troubleshooting. We have described above why this error is causing problems on our computer. To fix this error, we’re going to share some easy and simple methods you can try and tell us which one works best for you.
By Closing Conflicting programs.
We run a lot of applications together while working on the computer. And we often use a lot of software that runs for a specific task,during the background processing One of these software applications caused this 0x0 error. This issue is resolved by removing the software from the background.
Follow these steps.
We need to open the task manager by holding down the Ctrl+Shift+Esc keys on our keyboard. Then, you need to right-click on the application responsible for this 0x0 0x0 error and click on End Task, and reboot your PC.
Fixing 0x0 0x0 Error Using Registry Editor
We will now show you how to solve this problem by editing the registry editor.
Follow these steps.
- Open the search box of the dialog box by pressing the Windows+R key on your keyboard. Then type “regedit”, and you have to search by typing it.
- Once the system registry is opened, you have the option to edit the registry value.
- And you have to go here and delete the “WindowsSelfHost” file.
- As soon as you restart your computer or PC, error code 0x0 will be resolved.
Use System Restore or Undo System settings
System restores are used in a variety of ways to troubleshoot any problems. If we see an error on our computer but we can’t find the exact cause, we usually restore our system. We will try to understand with a small example.
Example of one of such situation, point A and point B. An error occurred on our computer at point B. But there was no error in point A. So if we go to point A, this error will no longer exist. For this reason, System Restore is used.
We are going to discuss with you how to resolve this error code 0x0 0x0 by restoring the system.
Follow these steps:
1. First, go to Control Panel.
2. Next, type System Restore and click on search .
3.Click System Restore to proceed to the next step.
4. We can see a lot of restoration points with date and time here.
5. Here we have to select the date on which we want to restore the configuration of our computer.
Once the system restore has been successful, it will restart our computer and this error code will be resolved.
Fix 0x0 0x0 Error Using Disk Cleanup
Often, we have some unnecessary cache files stored on our computer, so this error code can often be seen. If we delete these files, this error will no longer exist.
Follow these steps:
1. First of all, we need to open the dialog box by pressing the Windows+R key.
2. Then type “CleanMgr” and select drive C and go to the next step.
3. Here you need to select all the options, from program files, temporary Internet files, DirectX shader cache to temporary files.
4. delete all the checked files.
When you restart your PC or computer, the error code no longer appears.
Delete Some Hidden Files To Fix 0x0 error code
We have many files or folders on our PC or computer where we need administrator permission to access. Often, these files are not found or are hidden by default. There are some files on our computer that make us see this error code from time to time. All you need to do is delete these files by going through the steps below.
Follow these steps:
- First, you need to go to the local drive, that is, to drive C.
- Here we can see a lot of menus at the top, we need to click on the View option.
- in this option we need to find the Hidden Files option where we have to click.
- There will be a folder with this name WINDOWS. ~BT, we have to delete that folder.
We can do the same through a command prompt if we want.
- To do this, we need to open a command prompt by pressing Windows+R and then typing CMD.
- Enter this code on terminal, “RD/S /Q C:\WINDOWS. ~BT” (without quotation mark).
- Then if we restart our PC, this 0x0 0x0 error code will no longer exist on our PC.
This way you can remove the 0x0 error code problem from your computer in a simple and straightforward way. We have tried these methods ourselves and every method has worked for us. If this error is not fixed after trying all the methods, you can let us know by commenting in the comment box, we will surely help you.